For starters, he can shut down the federal funding of organizations that have supplied the misinformation that begat and continues to propagandize Common Core. While the Gates Foundation gets the most attention, government-funded entities play their part. For example, our nation could be much improved if relieved of the burden of fuzzy research produced at the Center for Research on Educational Standards and Student Testing (CRESST), the Board on Testing and Assessment (BOTA) at the National Research Council, and K-12 programs in the Education and Human Resources (EHR) Division of the National Science Foundation. All have been captured by education’s vested interests, and primarily serve them.
- Mary Byrne’s letter to US Education Department regarding information collection under FERPA 18 January, 2021
- The Sabotage of Public Education 18 January, 2021
- Comments of Mary Byrne to Springfield, MO public schools board on critical race theory 30 December, 2020
- K–12: The Life and Death of the Mind 2 November, 2020
- Hoping for a Stronger Focus on Public Education after November 3, 2020 1 November, 2020
- Stanford Professor Jo Boaler’s Math Revolution and War Against Algebra 2 28 October, 2020
- Academic Fitness 6 October, 2020