For starters, he can shut down the federal funding of organizations that have supplied the misinformation that begat and continues to propagandize Common Core. While the Gates Foundation gets the most attention, government-funded entities play their part. For example, our nation could be much improved if relieved of the burden of fuzzy research produced at the Center for Research on Educational Standards and Student Testing (CRESST), the Board on Testing and Assessment (BOTA) at the National Research Council, and K-12 programs in the Education and Human Resources (EHR) Division of the National Science Foundation. All have been captured by education’s vested interests, and primarily serve them.
- Do We Still Need Public Schools? 22 April, 2022
- In Praise of Memorization 9 April, 2022
- Reading Before Writing 8 February, 2022
- Rate Busters 15 September, 2021
- Cheating in the Classroom: We all have a choice 13 August, 2021
- Rare Books 10 June, 2021
- Hershey Profits Fund $17 Billion Endowment for Nonprofit School, but Board Member Says It Won’t Let Him See Financial Records 24 April, 2021