For starters, he can shut down the federal funding of organizations that have supplied the misinformation that begat and continues to propagandize Common Core. While the Gates Foundation gets the most attention, government-funded entities play their part. For example, our nation could be much improved if relieved of the burden of fuzzy research produced at the Center for Research on Educational Standards and Student Testing (CRESST), the Board on Testing and Assessment (BOTA) at the National Research Council, and K-12 programs in the Education and Human Resources (EHR) Division of the National Science Foundation. All have been captured by education’s vested interests, and primarily serve them.
- The Hechinger Report on college admission testing 13 October, 2019
- Beware New Quality Counts State Rankings 5 September, 2019
- Back to school means education news stories …for a while 29 August, 2019
- Persian Gulf tensions recall a previous “gulf” crisis: The Tonkin Gulf Resolution 5 August, 2019
- Should we switch from mandated “standardized” tests to mandated “performance” tests? 1 August, 2019
- Richard Phelps: Is our education system failing us? Critically Speaking 25 July, 2019
- Education Next, the Fordham Institute, and Common Core 14 July, 2019
Sorry, no Tweets were found.